RAF ELSHAM WOLDS ASSOCIATION

103 and 576 Squadrons + No.13 Base


NEW & REVISED WEBSITE - COMING SOON

 It is hoped to launch this during 2017.

  This will include an exclusive Members Only area, giving access to some archive Newsletters and other resources.


*** 2017 REUNION: Saturday & Sunday 26-27 AUGUST ***


Announcements Updated/ Newsletter 51 Issued - See News

CLICK HERE >>   LATEST NEWS   << CLICK HERE

Last Update: 26 May 2017

 

Welcome to the Homepage of the RAF Elsham Wolds Association

 

Royal Air Force Elsham Wolds was situated on the Lincolnshire Wolds north of Barnetby-le-Wold in North Lincolnshire.  An airfield was first established at the location during World War 1 when the site was part of the Fighter Defence Chain and home to C Flight of 33 Squadron.

 

During World War 2 it was the home of 103 and 576 Squadrons of RAF Bomber Command, although 100 Squadron also operated from Elsham Wolds for a short time at the end of the war.  In 1946, No 21 Heavy Glider Conversion Unit of Transport Command took over the base for a year.

 

The airfield was then closed in 1947 and reverted to agricultural use.  In later years part of the site has been put to light industrial and warehouse use.  There is now also a large water treatment works on one corner of the site.

 

The RAF Elsham Wolds Association was formed in the late 70s by veterans who flew from or served at Elsham Wolds and has been in being in various incarnations ever since.

 

This site is the property of the Elsham Wolds Association and all content is copyright.

 

No item may be used for commercial gain without the express permission of the Newsletter Editor and Webmaster, Keith Macrae.

[Contact Details are included on the next page, which can be accessed by clicking 'The Association' in the Navigation Bar, above.]

 

NOTE: HYPERLINKS ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVATED AND WILL HAVE TO BE COPY/ PASTED TO YOUR BROWSER OR e-MAIL